On Wednesday, 16 May, the regular 2.45pm slot for The Story of Strategy & Surrender tour is closed.
All other time slots for the day are still open – 9.45am, 11am, 1.30pm, 4pm.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The mission of The Changi Museum has been threefold:
– To recognise the contributions and sacrifices of all who defended Singapore during World War II,
– To honour the spirit and commitment of those who rose from the depths of adversity
– To inspire future generations through the sharing of stories of courage and resilience.
Don’t miss your last chance to experience The Changi Museum by 1 April 2018 (Sunday) before its closure for a two-year revamp!
CLICK HERE to chart Singapore History Consultants’ milestones & achievements in the management of the award-winning The Changi Museum over the past 17 years.
The Changi Museum
Daily Opening Hours (including Public Holidays): 9:30am – 5:00pm (last admission: 4.30pm)
Address: 1000, Upper Changi Road North, Singapore 507707
Tel: 6214 2450
Entry to the museum is FREE, with audio guides available (chargeable) for guests to listen to the experiences of men and women who were imprisoned in Changi during the Second World War.
Thank you for the overwhelming support for our award-winning Changi WWII™ Tour!
From April 2018 onwards, we will be launching a refreshed coach tour, Changi WWII™ – Life, Death and Remembrance. Commemorate the fight of brave men and women during World War II in Malaya and Singapore, and the trials and tribulations of their subsequent internment. This extended, 4-hour long tour will offer a comprehensive and deeply insightful experience covering key World War II sites across Singapore, including a visit to Kranji War Cemetery, the final resting place of thousands who perished in Malaya and Singapore. For more information and to book, visit The Original Singapore Walks® website at www.journeys.com.sg/tosw and follow the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/theoriginalsingaporewalks for updates!
For one day only, experience a thrilling escape game at the Battlebox! Race against time to solve the puzzles and crack the code in this family-friendly, team-based game by Lockdown Singapore, a Singapore company specialising in real life escape games.
Date: 17 Mar 2018 (Sat)
Slots (each game lasts approximately 1 hour): 5.30pm, 7.30pm and 9.00pm
Individual/group sign-ups are welcomed!
“Code of Silence” Synopsis:
February 1942. The commanders of Malaya Command are deep in discussions in the Battlebox over the imminent fall of Singapore and they are running out of time. You have been tasked to activate a top secret protocol, which is to send a code word to the secret agents of Force 136 to escape before it is too late. The code word has been encrypted and the Japanese are approaching soon. The future of the resistance lies in your hands.
Book your experience on https://170318battlebox.peatix.com/
On 15 February 1942, the first day of the Chinese New Year, Lieutenant-General Arthur Ernest Percival, General Officer Commanding of Malaya Command, led a surrender delegation from the Battlebox to Ford Factory in Bukit Timah to discuss terms with Lieutenant-General Tomoyuki Yamashita of the invading Japanese 25th Army.
At 6.10pm, LG Percival signed a document of surrender, sealing the fate of a city of 1 million and an army of 120,000 men – the largest capitulation in British military history.
Today, we remember not just the surrender, but its factors and causes, and the sacrifices of the men and women who fought so hard to delay the inevitable.
Please take note of the following closure of slots for The Story of Strategy & Surrender tour on the dates and times below:
– The 9.45am slot for Thursday, 8 February;
– The 9.45am and 11am slots for Friday, 9 February;
– The 9.45am slot for Wednesday, 7 March.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
To commemorate the Fall of Singapore in World War II, the Battlebox is having a special promotion for its A Story of Strategy & Surrender™ Tour. From 14 – 16 Feb, 21 – 23 Feb and 28 Feb – 2 Mar 2018, Singapore citizens and permanent residents (PRs) may enjoy a special discount of 50% on the 9.45am tour slot. (Usual price $18 for adults and $9 for children aged 7 – 12 years old.) Visitors joining the promotional tour will also receive a postcard with compliments of the Battlebox.
Validity dates: 14 – 16 Feb, 21 – 23 Feb and 28 Feb – 2 Mar 2018
Tour time slot (subject to availability): 9.45am only
To enjoy this special price, you need to register for the tour beforehand. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the phrase “BFS2018” in the email head or body to enjoy the promotion. This promotion is open to all Singapore Citizens and PRs. Spaces are limited, so register today!
Terms and conditions:
– This promotion is only valid from 14 – 16 Feb, 21 – 23 Feb and 28 Feb – 2 Mar 2018, and only applicable for the 9.45am tour slot.
– This promotion is applicable for Singapore citizens and PRs only and is subject to availability.
– Please register by email at least 48 hours before the date of your choice. Email registrations received less than 12 hours before the date of your choice will not be entertained.
– This promotion is limited to four tickets per registration. Please provide your IC number, mobile phone number and full names of all the tour participants in the email.
– Registration is confirmed only after you have received a confirmation email from the Battlebox Team. Please come at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour to the Battlebox Visitor Centre to show your IC, confirmation email and make payment for your tickets.
– This promotion is not valid with other discounts, vouchers or membership privileges.
– The Battlebox Team reserves the right to close a particular slot without advance notice.